Nikolai Lockertsen is a 20-year veteran of the Film and Visual Effects industries. Following his extensive on-set work as production assistant and grip assistant, Nikolai was one of the first artists to join Storm Studios, which is now Norway's largest Visual Effects Studio. Over the years, Nikolai fulfilled a range of creative roles at Storm Studios such as 3D modeller, animator, concept artist, compositor and matte-painter; and worked on more than 40 feature films, Television shows and a large number of TV commercials. Today, Nikolai Lockertsen works as a freelance concept artist, illustrator and instructor. His tools of choice are the iPad and the Procreate app and his projects and clients are from all around the world.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the two days:
- introduction to Procreate
- creating custom brushes
- painting characters, part one - painting techniques
- painting characters, part two - details and colour.
- introduction to perspective and the tools for it
- creating custom brushes for environments
- painting environment, part one - focus on thumbnails and value
- painting environment, part two - color and light
You will need to take with you your own iPad & pencil or stylus
Food & drink:
There will be served lunch and refreshments during the duration of the course
Date: 16. & 17. february 2019 - the workshop will be held from 10:00-16:00 each day
Price: 1200,- for members 1700,- for non members
Place: Grafill R21, Rosenkrantz gate 21
Sign up quickly. Just 18 places available!
Here is a sneak peek to Nikko’s painting technique and what to expect, for your consideration: