If you are interested in learning front end development or already have some experience, this position will give you an opportunity to further develop your programming skills and work with both design and front end development.
We’re looking for a designer that’s passionate about building inclusive financial services with excellent user experience. Existing Bitcoin/cryptocurrency services and products often suffer from bad UX and confusing UIs. In addition, this topic is a highly complex field where not many consumers have any experience. This means you’ll need to convey new and complex concepts to users without dumbing down the products or compromising on security. A good designer can partake in establishing best practices in this space, and consequently have an impact far beyond Arcane Technology and our customers.
● Create brand and product identities
● Design interfaces with a focus on intuitive user experience
● Develop web services
● Experience designing user interfaces or websites.
● Strong sense of ownership of product you’re developing/designing
● Ability and enthusiasm for exploring new technologies, either software development or Bitcoin related
Technical skills we look at for this position
● Experience with design tools like Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Indesign or Invision
Except the first point, none of these skills are hard requirements for the position.
What we can offer
- Competitive salaries
- An environment where people are passionate about what the company is building
- Bitcoin and Lightning related conferences (not mandatory, but attendance is encouraged)
- A positive attitude towards open source technology, with opportunities to contribute company code upstream to projects and tools we use
- Weekly workouts with personal trainer on company time and bill
- Flexible work hours and focus on work / life balance
- Social events, like sponsored lønningspils, ski-trips to Tryvann/Marka
Unique opportunity to work with Bitcoin and The Lightning Network in Norway
If you are passionate about Bitcoin and Lightning Arcane Technology can offer you the ultimate playground with an opportunity to learn more while creating new exciting financial products. It is important to us that our employees continually develop their knowledge of this fast evolving new technology.
The crypto community is open source at heart so at Arcane Technology we use and contribute to the open source community. We encourage employees to develop their knowledge during work hours and will gladly pay for online course resources as well as pay for conferences like The Lightning Conference in Berlin or Advancing Bitcoin in London.
If you are a quick learner, but have not yet gone down the Bitcoin rabbit hole we still encourage you to apply.
To apply send CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also attach link a link to your portfolio.
Arcane Technology offices are located in Vika near Aker Brygge in downtown Oslo (Munkedamsveien 45). The office is only 300 meters from the waterfront, with all downtown Oslo has got to offer within walking distance. We’re located within 5 minutes walking distance of Nationaltheatret subway, train, tram and bus station, so commuting to work using public transportation should not be a challenge.
We prefer candidates that are either located in Oslo or are interested in relocating to Oslo. However, for the right candidate, remote work is also a possibility.
About Arcane Crypto & Arcane Technology
Arcane Crypto is an accelerator of innovative ideas. Arcane Crypto develops projects and invests in companies in several different verticals. Their common synergies and objectives are to be at the forefront of the financial technology revolution. Our projects include arbitrage trading, payment solutions, interbank brokers, fund management and media outlets.
Arcane Technology is a child company of Arcane Crypto, where we focus on creating new solutions using Bitcoin and the Lightning Network (if you do not know what the Lightning Network is, read more here). This exciting new technology simplifies global payments and is an important step forward for many industries struggling with the existing online payments infrastructure. Arcane Technology is targeting the enterprise market and is developing a new payment platform that simplifies global payments and at the same time making it cheaper and faster.